dialup_admin user password question

Jay Banks jbanks at nalcomwireless.com
Wed Jun 20 00:42:30 CEST 2007

I spent most of the day getting dialup_admin to work, and I did get it to
work. Not being an mysql expert, I have to say what a blessing Webmin turned
out to be on the project. It sure was nice to be able to easily use Webmin
to look at data in the database table.

Everything is working but I have one question. When I add a user through
dialup_admin, it puts the password in the table looking like this:
$1$Mi0n6YpW$MURqBnAYJLQphvEbk7pRm1. I can go into webmin and change that to
a clear text password and NtRadPing will send a Access-Accept reply. If I
leave it the way it is, it is rejected because the passwords do not match.

What do I need to do to either get freeradius to take the encrypted
password, or make dialup_admin put the password in the clear. I assume the
first one is the best way of doing things, but whatever you guys think is
best.

I would probably try to figure some of this out on my own, but its after
5:00 now and I'm going to be out of the office for the next two days, so I
thought I would just ask on here so I could be thinking about any replies
for the next two days, and maybe fix it first thing Friday morning.

The good thing is, if I keep this up, I will be able to help answer
questions on here instead of just asking them. :)

Thanks,

Jay Banks