rlm_sql.c in 2.0.0-pre2

Alexander Serkin als at cell.ru
Wed Jun 20 13:51:57 CEST 2007

Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>>   I don't think it was ever added.  I'm not sure the functionality is
>> even tested.
>>
>>   i.e. Does it work?
>>
>>   Alan DeKok.
>
> Read Groups in SQL ? Yes, very very well tested. It's horribly broken in
> 1.*.* though, or at least it was for me.
>
> Unfortunately whoever modified rlm_sql in cvs head chose a very
> inefficient querying system.
>
> First you query to pull out group membership, second you query to get
> each groups check items, then to get each groups reply items ... It just
> doesn't scale when a users a member of lots of groups.
>
> Previously you pulled out all the records for all the groups a user was
> a member of in two queries, one for check items and one for reply items..

Yes. It worked for me this way until at least 1.1.6.
You are right, Alan, - read_grops configuration checks were not in 1.1.x
also, but they worked somehow.
Starting from 2.0.0-pre only user checks are performed by default.
The only way to make groups to be checked was the supposed patch.
Or adding "Fall-Through=yes" for all user profiles in radcheck table
which is not good.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Alexander