Need help with 802.1X authentication to Active Directory

Bryant Marsh bryantmarsh at cookielee.com
Wed Jun 20 23:17:34 CEST 2007

Hi Ivan,

There are Event log errors in Application and System.

Event ID 1053 - Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. ().
Group Policy processing aborted.  Or error: "The specified user does not
exist."

Event ID 5719 - The system cannot log you on now because the domain "name"
is not available."

This would be expected because port security is preventing traffic. Since
DOT1X is enabled on the Cisco switch port for the server, I need to
authenticate against the RADIUS server which is sending credentials to my AD
domain controller.
Both the server and the radius server are on the same switch, so there are
no firewall issues. The switch is an access switch uplinked to the core
switch where the DC is located. All servers are in the same VLAN.

I cannot decipher the meaning of the debug negotiations that are happening,
but it looks like to me that there is some kind of default in the users file
for 255.255.255.254 that is not the IP address of the server in question.
Again, my question is if I need a USERS files, because I was reading that
this file is not required for AD.

Here is my USERS file.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11222403/users users

Thanks,