Version 1.1.6 - Mac Address Authentication/vlan tagging

Brian Ertel bsertel at amherst.edu
Mon Jun 25 03:58:08 CEST 2007

Well, after I can get unknown users to be assigned to a limited access/registration vlan they will then register their MAC address and it will be stored in our Netreg machine which may stor the macs at text, but I will have to check with my systems guy.  If I can get unknown users into the afformentioned vlan however I think I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I can make this system work.  Once then register and their MAC address becomes "known" they can be given a dhcp address from what ever vlan we choose.  It is firstly a matter me getting up to speed on how to config Radius to deliver vlan ID's to "unknown" users, once I can do that I can captive portal them and treat them like all other users registering on our network... I think.

Thank you!

Brian