FreeRadius 1.1.6 Segmentation Fault with LDAP

Robert E. Toense rtoense at nist.gov
Tue Jun 26 00:02:51 CEST 2007

I am attempting to setup FreeRadius 1.1.6 to do PEAP authentication to
an LDAP backend on another server.  PEAP is working just fine to local
Radius passwords.  However, I get a segmentation fault whenever I try to
use LDAP.  Output from radiusd -X follows (sensitive information sanitized).

OpenLDAP 2.3.30 is also installed.  This is a Fedora Core 5 system.

I see no network traffic between the Radius server and the LDAP server.

Any hints?

Robert

rlm_ldap: - authorize
rlm_ldap: performing user authorization for username
radius_xlat:  '(uid=username)'
radius_xlat:  'ou=AAAA,dc=BBBB,dc=CCCC,dc=DDD'
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Checking Id: 0
rlm_ldap: ldap_get_conn: Got Id: 0
rlm_ldap: attempting LDAP reconnection
rlm_ldap: (re)connect to lappgen.nist.gov:636, authentication 0
Segmentation fault