Pam_radius_Auth - Problem

Geoff Mitchell unbeliever012000 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 13:29:48 CEST 2007

Markus,

Did you get any replies to your post from the 18th  about pam_radius_auth
not working, as I am having exactly the same issue.

What I have found out is that the pam_radius_auth module is fine, except
when the user is not in the password file. At this point it would seem that
something is not getting initialised correctly which results in the call to
conv->conv, which should prompt you for the password and then return it in
resp->resp, constantly comes back with ^H ^\177INCORRECT. As this translates
to the value you saw in your password field, I have to suspect that
something is broken within PAM and requires the modules to work around this
if the user is not in the password file. The problem I am having is working
out how to work around the problem, so I am interested as to if you got a
reply to your post.

Thanks

Geoff