Wired Ethernet EAP-TLS

Darren Maden radius at dncomputing.co.uk
Fri Jun 29 11:01:48 CEST 2007

> Can you debug radius on the switch? It should have some kind of a log.

No, after a quick look around the configs and a search of the manual for
words like "log", "logging" and "debug", I couldn't find anything, the
only thing I have is a sniffing port, which I used.

 > PS. If the suppicant gets authenticated and switch hasn't contacted
 > RADIUS server, then the authentication is set up to be local.

It just doesn't make sense that there's no options which look anything
like that..and the fact that one of the few options is the IP of the
RADIUS server, just suggests to me that it's automatically going to use
a RADIUS server rather than doing it locally.

It looks like it's down to the switch, the manual doesn't exactly help,
just the usual stuff.  So I should probably just check with the
manufacturer and ask them for more info.

~Darren Maden