multiple passwords for the same user

Kenneth Penza kennethpenza at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 12:38:30 CET 2007

--- Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Kenneth Penza wrote:
> >
> >      I am new to freeradius and I need to
> implement
> > the following setup. User with username  bob, has
> > two passwords pass1 and pass2. I want him to
> > authenticate with either one of them, i.e. if he
> > enters username bob and pass1 he is authenticated
> > without the need to enter pass2. How can I
> implement
> > this in freeradius.
>
>   It's hard, because it's not a good thing to do.
>
>   What problem are you trying to solve?  There may
> be alternate solutions.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> --
>   http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of
> the book
>   http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog

Alan,

    What I want to do is to a user has more then one
biometric identity, each linked to a profile.
    The application reads and processes the biometric
identity in form of a hash or large number. Then I
forward this to radius for authentication, this will
guarantee that user bob with that particular biometric
id, is actually allowed to logon for the given
application.
     The idea is to have a profile based system, in
which the user is authenticated by profile name and
biometric identity.

Regards
Kenneth