Question on Accounting Proxy Features?

WRIGHT Alan alan.wright at volubill.com
Tue Mar 20 12:39:32 CET 2007

Hi Folks,
I am newbie to Freeradius and considering using it.

However, I have a specific requirement, which I cannot find any info on
either on Web Search or Wiki or FAQ.

I wish to use Freeradius as an Accounting Proxy, essentially to copy a
Accounting Request to a server. The Freeradius box will be placed after
an existing Radius box which will send the accounting info to it.
However, there are some requirements.

1. Freeradius needs to proxy accounting to another server
2. Freeradius needs to provide an accounting response to the first
radius box, without waiting for a response from the proxied Server

Is this possible with Freeradius today?

Thanks

Alan