No available IP Addresses in the pool ...

Florin hatespam00-mlist at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 20:19:10 CEST 2007

Hi Thibault,
Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for coming back to me on this.

> If not, confirm that the pool module name is defined in
> the acctounting{} section of radiusd.conf and that your
> NAS sends accounting Stop messages.

The accounting is performed on a different machine (physically) so no
poolname is be defined under the acctounting{} section. Which also means
that the machine I have problems with will never see accounting packets.
For some security reasons outside of my control, this setup cannot be
changed.

I'll have a look at the rlm_ippool_tool tool. Thanks.

> I wonder what it would take to convince RedHat to use a
> version that wasn't almost THREE YEARS out of date.

Will the latest version of freeradius **really** help in this scenario ?
How ? Could it automatically free up IP addresses from the pool based on
a timer ?

I cannot go "astray" from RHEL binaries and compile a new freeradius
version on a production server (24x7x365) without a hell of a good
reason. I hope you can understand me.

Thanks again guys and I am looking forward for your opinions :-)

Regards,
Florin