radwho and radlast error (was libradius error)

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:33:55 CEST 2007

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> Roberto Greiner wrote:
>

>> I've tried another way, setting 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/freeradius/',
>> but now I'm getting a new error:
>> ibatubi:/etc# radwho
>> Wed Apr 25 09:58:08 2007 : Error: Unable to open file
>> "/usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf": No such file or directory
>> radwho: Error reading radiusd.conf.
>>

> This isn't the path set by dpkg-buildpackage during the build. Please
> run "which radwho" to double check you aren't running a binary from
> an older installation. I guess you have two binaries in /usr/bin/radwho
> and /usr/local/bin/radwho.

Actually yes. I found that there really was an old radwho. I uninstalled
everything and cleaned the system properly before reinstalling again
using the new packages. But radwho is still giving me an error:

ibatubi:~# radwho
radwho: Error reading /var/log/freeradius/radutmp: No such file or directory

In that path, there are only the radacct folder, radius.log and radwtmp.

In radius.conf I did the following modifications:

Line 296
log_auth = yes

Line 650
unix {
#       shadow = /etc/shadow

Lines 1848 and 1859
Authorize {
 #     eap
      sql

Line 1946
Authenticate {
 #     unix

Line 1987
preacct {
 #     files

Line 2021
accounting {
       sql

Lines 2039-2043
session {
#       radutmp
        sql
}

The rest of the radius.conf file was left as installed.

The radius server itself is working fine.
Basides the radwho error, radlast is also not working. It doesn't give
any error messages, but the connected users do not appear. Did I mess it
with any of the config lines above?

ibatubi:/etc# radlast

radwtmp begins Fri May  4 10:22:15 2007

Thank you for your help,

Marcos Roberto Greiner

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy