Authentication with Novell 802.1x client fails butWinXP supplicant works fine ?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun May 6 17:46:32 CEST 2007

Marc Charbonneau wrote:
> Hi,
> I had truncated the log.  Here's more of it (still truncated because of

No need to email me directly. I'm on the list.

> list limit).
> It's probably stuck in a re-iterative process, visible in this log, but
> I wouldn't be able to spot where it starts and finishes.

As I said in my original email, it looks like it stops with FreeRadius
issuing an Access-Challenge, and the Novell supplicant stops responding
(for at least 6 seconds). Presumably it then drops the link and tries again.

If your server works with the native XP supplicant then you've probably
got everything configured (the XP supplicant is pretty picky) and
there's probably little you can do - you will need to debug the Novell
supplicant. I've never used it, so can't advise you how to go about
doing that.