dyndns.org domain in Clients.conf

YvesDM ydmlog at gmail.com
Wed May 9 01:51:34 CEST 2007

On 5/8/07, Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel-lucent.be <
Marcel.De_Boer at alcatel-lucent.be> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> YvesDM wrote:
> >     How i can use nas identifier attribute?? client.conf needs an ip
> >     however ?? i'm very confused.
> >
> > In clients.conf use 0.0.0.0/0 and make sure your
> > shared secret is long and strong.
>
> A small note if you really want to do this: in 2.0, this will only match
> for the exact address 0.0.0.0, and not for all IP addresses anymore,
> like it does in 1.x. You can work around this by using two entries, one
> for 0.0.0.0/1 and one for 128.0.0.0/1.
>
> I don't think this is a very good idea anyway (Yes, I do use it myself,
> but that is for a very nonstandard and non-production setup on an
> isolated network, not for an internet-connected server.)
>
> Gtnx
>         Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Tnx for the note about 2.0, I didn't know that. I also didn't look
into 2.0so far, maybe it's time to do so.
I know 0.0.0.0/0 in clients.conf is not a preferable setup, but many public
hotspot setups have nas's with dynamic ip's and
as far as I know there is no other solution for this, unless you really go
for some advanced scripting like somebody else proposed in this topic.
If you have a better solution for this, I will be happy to learn!

Kind Regards,
Yves