3Com Total Control not logging

Roberto Greiner mrgreiner at gmail.com
Wed May 9 19:52:04 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just migrated my old GNU-Radius to freeradius 1.1.6 in a Debian Etch
box. So far, everything is working, but one odd thing is happening.

I'm authenticating users from tree differente types of NAS: One Monowall
Box, one pptp box (running PopTop), and one dialup box based on 3Com's
Total Control.

All three are working fine and authenticating properly, but with one
catch. The users from the Total Control box do authenticate properly,
but they are not registered in the logs. No entry in the radacct table
in MySQL, nothing in radwho nor in radlast. The users are connecting
(I've confirmed that), and no error message is generated for the the
Total Control users, but no log is generated.

Sample entries from the radius.log file:
Wed May  9 14:33:27 2007 : Auth: Login OK: [TCuser] (from client
totalcontrol port 3604 cli )
Wed May  9 14:33:27 2007 : Auth: Login OK: [Monowalluser] (from client
monowall port 112 cli 00:19:7d:4f:ea:52)

The only diference I've noticed is that the Total Control entries do not
have an address (MAC or IP) at the, which both the Monowall and the pptp
users get. Could it be related?

All NAS are configured exactly the same way, and their config is stored
in the nas table in MySQL. Any ideas of what could be wrong? In
GNU-Radius the Total Control box was logging properly.

Thank you in advance,

Marcos Roberto Greiner

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                       Murphy