Server IP changed and "FreeRADIUS+MySQL" does not work

yao guoxian yaoguoxian at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:39:55 CEST 2007

     I have installed FreeRADIUS and MySQL on the same machine.
    "FreeRADIUS + MySQL"  had worked well before Server IP changed. For some
reason the server had to be carried to a new place and its IP must be
changed.
    After the server IP changed, "FreeRADIUS + MySQL" does not work.
    I have edited sql.conf and  changed   IP to  the  new  correct IP .  I
also  edited  the  table  "user"  in the  database  "mysql"  and  altered
the  Host  field from the old IP to the new correct IP. However these
mendings do not work. The following is part of the result to the command
"radiusd -X":
   rlm_sql (sql): Driver rlm_sql_mysql (module rlm_sql_mysql) loaded and
linked
   rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect to root at 202.117.54.251:/radius
   rlm_sql (sql): starting 0
   rlm_sql (sql): Attempting to connect rlm_sql_mysql #0
   rlm_sql_mysql: Starting connect to MySQL server for #0
   rlm_sql_mysql: Couldn't connect socket to MySQL server
root at 202.117.54.251:radius
   rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Access denied for user 'root'@'202.117.54.251'
(using password: YES)'
   rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect DB handle #0
   rlm_sql (sql): starting 1
   rlm_sql (sql): starting 2
   rlm_sql (sql): starting 3
   rlm_sql (sql): starting 4
   rlm_sql (sql): Failed to connect to any SQL server.
   Module: Instantiated sql (sql)
   I have not compile and install FreeRADIUS and just edited the related
files. What should I do to make FreeRADIUS and MySQL work well again ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Guoxian