freeradius + pap + md5 (or encrypt) problem

vik vik_viktor at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 10:22:32 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have 1.1.3 server version.

I would like to be able to store encrypted passwords on my computer, but i can't.
I've read about everything dealing with this problem, but still i cannot manage to succeed.

In my users file i have

DEFAULT Auth-Type := PAP
                    Fall-Through = Yes

gogo User-Password := "my_encrypted_password_using_md5"

Here i've tried also with Crypt-Password, but it doesn't work either.

Still i have in the debugs:
Auth: rlm_pap: Attribute "Password" is required for authentication. Cannot use "CHAP-Password".

Why is rlm_pap receiving an CHAP-Password argument, i don't understand, i have disabled all chap options in the radiusd.conf.

Here i have my radiusd.conf:
http://bozadjiev.free.fr/files/radiusd.conf

and users file:
http://bozadjiev.free.fr/files/users

Thank you for the time you'll spend reading, regards.