Freeradius-Proxied-To, radrelay and 2.0

Alan Dekok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 21 16:57:51 CEST 2007

Milan Holub wrote:
> I wonder whether there is any use for Freeradius-Proxied-To attribute
> with freeradius 2.0.

  It should be there for backwards compatibility, but there are likely
better ways of achieving the same result.

> Now when I'm relaying some accounting packets to my freeradius server
> using radrelay binary from 1.1.6 and there is a packet which has
> already "Freeradius-Proxied-To" attribute set then freeradius 2.0(cvs head)
> just ignores it and tries to proxy the packet to remote home server.

  See src/modules/rlm_realm/rlm_realm.c  That code needs to be fixed.

> Would it be possible that 2.0 also honors the Freeradius-Proxied-To
> attribute as in 1.X?

  That *is* the idea.

> I've also observed following related issue regarding the "default_fallback"
> option of "proxy server {}" in proxy.conf:

  That should probably be removed.  There will be other, better, ways of
acheiving the same result in 2.0.  See my recent message to
freeradius-devel.

> What I'm trying to achieve actually is freeradius 2.0 + radrelay(using
> binary from 1.1.6) and above is the "show stopper":(
>
> Any advise?

  The radrelay functionality in 2.0 doesn't yet work properly.  This was
acknowledged in the announcement.