Freeradius and rlm_mysql with encrypted PWD's

Rascher, Markus markus.mr.rascher at siemens.com
Tue May 22 16:19:35 CEST 2007

Hi All,

In Prev. Threads i read about the same Problem i have now. But i never
found an answer which solves my problem.
My question is: what kind of Password-encryption is supported in the
mysql-DB used by the Freeradius-Server to authenticate Users.

Cleartext-PWD's are working fine.
Sql-Encryption for the PWD's works fine too. (I used the encrypt()
command of mysql to create the encrypted Passwords for the
radcheck-Table).

Does MD5 or sha1 work too? I tried to get md5 working but get stucked...

Can anyone send me a howto or link to one?

I can send my configuration if u need.

Thanks for your help