AW: Freeradius and rlm_mysql with encrypted PWD's

Rascher, Markus markus.mr.rascher at siemens.com
Wed May 23 10:57:48 CEST 2007

Hi,

Thx for your answer.
My situation is: I want to authenticate users who are logging into linux systems or cisco systems via ssh. The ssh-Client sends a radius request to the freeradius-server.

The Radius-Server can read the user-Password from the request and decrypt it.
I want to use a mysql-db to store the pwd's. How do I have to configure the freeradius-server so I can save the pwd's as MD5, or sha1 hash?