Problem with logging detail-log to syslog

Mark van Herpen mark at telebyte.nl
Wed May 23 17:04:26 CEST 2007

Claudiu,

I know what logdir means :)

But according to the Syslog_Howto from the wiki,
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Syslog_HOWTO :

Modify /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf:

logdir = syslog
log_destination = syslog

Because of the logdir entry above, you must locate all references to
${logdir}, comment the line out and replace it with an absolute path.
There must be better ways to do this, but it isn't immediatedly obvious.
<<<<

So, I didn't find out that logdir part myself. The wiki also mentions
that I have to replace all ${logdir} values with an absolute path. But I
don't want that, because syslog has to take care that part.

Grtz,

Mark van Herpen