Dynamic VLAN-id setting on wireless AP

Jan Schermer / ET NETERA jan.schermer at etnetera.cz
Wed May 30 13:01:52 CEST 2007

Hi,
I want to tag VLANs on the wireless AP (Mikrotik OS) according to radius criteria (type of autentization, DN in certificate etc.).
Does someone here have experience with that?
It seems easy enough to do on the freeradius side, but how is this supposed to work on the wireless AP side? (I know, this is not
a Mikrotik mailing list, sorry in advance :). Does the AP really have to be smart enough to tag packets per-client? Should it work
out of the box? Is it secure to mix clients from different security domains?

Any experience appreciated, thanks

--
Jan Schermer
Linux Administrator
jan.schermer at etnetera.cz
+420 608022225
~
[ www.ahold.cz     |  www.annonce.cz  |  www.datart.cz ]
[ www.knizniweb.cz |  www.siemens.cz  |  www.cz.o2.com ]

Created by ET NETERA | Powered by jNetPublish