radiusd deadlock on recvfrom on port 1814

Ryan Melendez rmelendez at wayport.net
Tue Nov 6 23:02:09 CET 2007

> > I haven't figured out what port 1814 is actually used for.  Is there
> > anything I could do to disable the "proxy port" on one or both of the
> > servers?  What would I loose?
>
>   The ability to send packets to other servers.  1814 is used when
> FreeRADIUS is acting as a RADIUS client (i.e. proxy).

Am I right to assume the only time data should be read on port 1814 is
when there is a reply to a proxied request?  Specifically freeradius
proxied a auth/acct packet on port 1814 and the "home" server replied on
port 1814.  The only data that should show up on 1814 is that reply from
the home server?

Thanks,
Ryan