Startup problem with ldap

Massimo Meregalli maxmere at ml.mbox.it
Wed Nov 7 21:20:00 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your replies.

> >         #5  0x0070f79b in ldap_ld_free ()
> >         from /usr/lib/libldap_r-2.3.so.0
> >         #6  0x00663dd7 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2
> >         #7  0x00667504 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libnss_ldap.so.2
>
>   libnss_ldap?  Huh?  Where did that come from?
>
>   Are you trying to get passwords via the "unix" module, over NSS, using
> LDAP?

The server on which the radiusd is running is configured to authenticate
users against ldap (via pam) (which is running on the same machine as
the radiusd server). The ldap server is used only to store user
information. The passwords are stored into a kerberos database. The
User-Password ldap attribute is specified as {SASL}<user>@REALM for
those application that don't understand kerberos and the server is also
running saslauthd.

All the other application the server is running which use ldap as
database are working fine.

>   I suggest commenting out the "unix" module from radiusd.conf.  The
> issue MAY be conflicting use of static variables in the OpenLDAP libraries.

The unix module is commented out in the configuration file.

Regards,

Massimo Meregalli