radius going to sleep?

Norbert Wegener norbert.wegener at siemens.com
Thu Nov 8 08:54:56 CET 2007

Now it works again with num_sql_socks=30.
To make it work, I increased the number of connections on the mysql
server via
 set global max_connections =200;
(I have  more than one sql-module and each one starts its own connections)

It seems, freeradius comes into trouble, when the number of connections
allowed by mysql is exceeded.
I did not notice that in former versions of freeradius.
Hope this information helps to find the real cause for freeradius going
to sleep.

Norbert Wegener

Norbert Wegener schrieb:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>> ..
>>
>>> Any other suggestions?
>>>

>>   Not right now.  If you're willing to do a binary search in CVS to see
>> *when* it started breaking... but that's a lot of work.
>>
> Without changing versions of mysql or freeradius I think I already
> found out, that num_sql_socks seems to have a significant influence on
> the behaviour.
> With a value of 5, freeradius now is already running for some hours.
> A value of 20 stops it from working normally within two hours.
> Maybe I can find out more.
>
> Norbert Wegener
>

>>   Alan DeKok.
>> -
>> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Norbert Wegener
Siemens AG Siemens IT Solutions and Services
SBS GO GIO NW PSU2
Kruppstr. 16
D-46128 Essen, Germany

Phone : +49 (0) 201 816-3116
Fax.  : +49 (0) 201 816-5581284
mailto:norbert.wegener at siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Gerhard Cromme
Vorstand: Peter Löscher, Vorsitzender; Johannes Feldmayer, Heinrich Hiesinger, Joe Kaeser, Rudi Lamprecht, Eduardo Montes, Jürgen Radomski, Erich R. Reinhardt, Hermann Requardt, Uriel J. Sharef, Klaus Wucherer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin und München; Registergericht: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, München, HRB 6684 WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 23691322