MD5 authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Nov 14 20:23:34 CET 2007

manIP wrote:
> Thank you for your answers alan...and deployingradius.com,it's a real gold mine.

  I'm trying to expand that into a book.  So far, I'm (still) at about
150 pages of information I've seen *nowhere* else.  But between work,
FreeRADIUS and something called "family", there isn't much time left
over for the book.

> I have checked out radiusd.conf and the rlm_pap manual pages and I
> think I was unclear. The password is sent in "clear" but is stored in
> MD5 (because of ethical reason, the password should not clearly appear
> in the database).
> I think I just need to change the authentication request...but I can't find it.

  You can't change the authentication request.  It's controlled by the NAS.