Freeradius doesn't work with ldap

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 16 18:26:36 CET 2007

Eduardo Lima wrote:
> So I'll have to unencrypt all the ldap passwords to use mschapv2???

  Yes.  See the web page for your options.

> What about the ldap database security??

  The LDAP database has to be kept secure.

  Please go read the web page again.

  If you want to use MS-CHAP, your options are limited for how to store
passwords.  If you don't like those options, then don't use MS-CHAP.

  If you want to store passwords via a different method than is
permitted in the table, AND you want to use MS-CHAP, then you need to
change your requirements to match reality.