how to prepare directory file for 3Com VSA WX switch?

Maciej Uhlig muhlig at us.edu.pl
Sat Nov 17 22:35:35 CET 2007

tnt at kalik.co.yu :
> Have a look at the dictionary.3com in freeradius distribution. If they
> are not there,
in fact they're not there, this dictionary contains some other
attributes only.

> ask 3com for an updated dictionary file and post it here.

3com wrote in the newest WX switch software release notes: "future
versions of ... FreeRadius are planned to include standard definitions
of the 3Com VSAs.". I was quite surprised I've not found these in
freeradius 2 distribution :-) . I'll ask them but...

> If it's OK it will be included in the distribution and you can replace
> dictionary.3com in your installation.

... but in the meantime I'll try to prepare my own dictionary entries.

> 26 means VSA attribute, 43 means that vendor is 3Com and 2 is the id
> of that attribute so 3Com device can know what attribute it is (name
> VLAN-Name or more likely 3Com-VLAN-Name, is for humans)

thank you very much for your prompt information

best regards,

MU