Freeradius doesn't work with ldap

Eduardo Lima duwise2003 at yahoo.com.br
Wed Nov 21 17:10:48 CET 2007

Alan, I didn't find any option for the mschapv2 problem in your web page.

Unencrypt ldap passwords is not a smart solution.

It seems that windos xp client only accept mschapv2 or TLS to authenticate, if a use TLS,  I cannot use ldap because only the client certificate is used to authenticate.

In my network, I need to authenticate with the mail passwords stored in ldap.

Server: red hat with freeradius
Client: windows xp sp2

Protocols: PEAP + MSCHAPv2 + LDAP

I don't use TLS because it only uses certificates to authenticate.

Do you have any suggestion???

Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> escreveu: Eduardo Lima wrote:
> So I'll have to unencrypt all the ldap passwords to use mschapv2???

  Yes.  See the web page for your options.

> What about the ldap database security??

  The LDAP database has to be kept secure.

  Please go read the web page again.

  If you want to use MS-CHAP, your options are limited for how to store
passwords.  If you don't like those options, then don't use MS-CHAP.

  If you want to store passwords via a different method than is
permitted in the table, AND you want to use MS-CHAP, then you need to
change your requirements to match reality.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html