Special Charactors in Username

Kartik kartik.cds at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:53:34 CEST 2007

I have my own radius client, communicting with a SBR radius server.
The user name i send for authentication has special charactors - kärtïk

The Hex dump in the access-request packet for the name is 6B C3 A4 72 74 C3
AF 6B
[Attaching the snapshot of the dump].

Is it the correct format in which the name has to go? Bcos, even though it
is in correct UTF-8 format, the server rejects it saying invalid username.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13054115/Dump.jpeg Dump.jpeg

Now my question is, is my Dump correct ? Is there any restriction in sending
non-ascii charactors ?
If at all there is no restriction, then is there a special way of
communicating the non-ascii charactors to the radius server.