Problem with LDAP and Groups

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Fri Oct 12 00:23:45 CEST 2007

Read instructions in huntgroups file. Group devices in huntgroups:

cisco   NAS-IP-Address == a.b.c.d
cisco   NAS-IP-Address == a.b.c.e
etc.

linux   NAS-IP-Address == z.y.x.w
linux   NAS-IP-Address == z.y.x.v
etc.

Add Huntgroup-Name to the DEFAULT entries:

DEFAULT Huntgroup-Name == "cisco", Ldap-Group == "cisco_priv_15",
User-Profile :=
"uid=cisco_priv_15,ou=profiles,ou=radius,dc=csctus,dc=net"

You can leave out Auth-Type. These attributes will then be passed only
when user logs in from a device in cisco huntgroup. For other entries
Ldap group might match but huntgroup will not.

Things get complicated if roles and devices overlap and you have two or
more entries where both the group and hungroup will match. For instance,
you wanted the same user in priv level 1 and 15 groups. You then have to
add another level of distincion, like a realm/sufix/prefix.

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP