problem in integeration with poptop

hadi golestani hadi.golestani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:18:11 CEST 2007

I know that it's taking too much , but plz accept my apologize 'cause I a
little confused and have no time(sorry to say that and I know that it's not
a commercial community so plz don't be angry at me).

I've add the below line at the top of the users file.
root  Cleartext-Password := "myRealRootPassword"

because this is the real root / root's password of my linux, this line in
debug 'cause that access-accept via radtest

modcall: entering group authenticate for request 0
  modcall[authenticate]: module "unix" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authenticate (returns ok) for request 0
Sending Access-Accept of id 219 to 127.0.0.1 port 32772

but when I've changed it to e.g. test / testpass old error occurred.
and when I try to connect from vpn client even for root / root's real
password the access has been rejected with this debug output:

modcall: entering group MS-CHAP for request 1
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
  rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
  rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for root with NT-Password
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.
  rlm_mschap: FAILED: MS-CHAP2-Response is incorrect
  modcall[authenticate]: module "mschap" returns reject for request 1
modcall: leaving group MS-CHAP (returns reject) for request 1
auth: Failed to validate the user.

why radiusd said No User-Password configured? Does it mean that password is
not received from pptpd?

tnx a lot.