accounting update

Daann ikkedaan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:02:24 CEST 2007

I'm trying to do something like
http://www.netexpertise.eu/en/FreeRadius/DailyAcct.html this tutorial  so
that traffic is collected at a regular intervals.
The only thing is that they use a cisco router, which has some shell command
configuration (I suppose?), anyway, I don't think my router supports the aaa
accounting update commands, neither it has many configuration options.
Is there any way to work around this.
Freeradius server and client run on a linux computer, with apache, and
chillispot(for web based login).

Greetz Daan

EDIT: Could someone post me some more info about the Acct-Interim-Interval
command, how this works and if this could be a workaround for traffic
collection on a regular base.
I saw on this site how someone did this.

>I use freeradius & MySQL. I am able to set frequency of acct update by
setting attribute Acct-Interim-Interval in rad[group]reply table to
number of seconds between updates.

 but I'd like to have some more detailed instructions on what to do.

Thanks in advance