Access-Reject in a php script

Patric patrict at bluebottle.com
Fri Oct 26 11:35:56 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
>   There is no need to change the code.
>
>   If your script exits with a non-zero exit code, then the
> authentication fails.  If this isn't happening, then something else is
> going on, or you're not doing what you're saying you're doing.
>
>   Rather than discuss what you think you're doing, post the debug
> output.  This is in the FAQ, README, and INSTALL.  The debug output WILL
> tell you what's going on.
>
>   There is no extra magic we have in reading the debug output.  But we
> READ IT.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I am sure that Alan is correct here, otherwise many other users would
have the same problem. With such a large user base, there *must* be
other people using php authentication scripts, yet so far only 2 of us
have battled?!

Something just occurred to me that I dont think I tried before.
What happens if instead of doing an

exit(2);

you do a

return(2);

This way your script will still exit clean, so freeradius wont pick it
up as a script failure, but hopefully will still get the result?

--

Q: I want to be a sysadmin.  What should I do?

A: Seek professional help.