Svar: Re: Server instability

Nicolai Tejlgaard Hansen nth at life.ku.dk
Mon Oct 29 13:14:31 CET 2007

Hi

I don't think I was clear enough on what I meant. I have been using version 1.1.3, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, 1.1.6 and have never seen this problem before, with the exact same configuration. This configuration have been working for 18 months or so.

Wheter this is a SLES 10 SP1 problem or a problem with Freeradius 1.1.7, I don't know, but something definately seems to be going wrong.

As for Pre and Post-auth they are both empty (IE. everything is commented out and does nothing). Thus there is no SQL or any other form of accounting being done. I am only authenticating.

I have a redundant server (1.1.6 version) thats been running for 4 and half months now (again, exact same configuration, same eDir servers etc.) so that leaves me to believe that this is indeed a problem with Freeradius 1.1.7 or SLES 10 SP1 or the combination of the 2.

- Nicolai

>>> <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> 29-10-2007 10:30 >>>
Hi,

> I'm having the exact same problem as described below, with Freeradius
> 1.7 hanging at 99 percent. Also using PEAP, MSCHAPV2, and eDir, and
> running 1.7 on a SLES 10 SP1.
> I have been using the same configuration since 1.3 without any problems
> problems, but since upgrading from 1.6 to 1.7 it's "crashed" 3 times
> within a month.

these errors are solely because the RADIUS doesnt get a response
from your eDirectory fast enough. please also note there is no
1.6 or 1.7 release.  its 1.1.6 and 1.1.7  (theres a vast difference
when people start throwing random numbers around).  if things
workes with 1.1.3 you need to check your config and logs to
find out why 1.1.6/1.1.7 arent as spritely. how often are
you talking to eDirectory? are you really needing to check pre-auth,
auth and post-auth for example?  are you relying on some MySQL
or postgres accounting?  It may well be that the eDirectory is
100% fine but the hold-up is with accounting packet handling.
or, more obviously, more people are using your service and you dont
have enough RADIUS threads running to handle the requests as you only
have eg 10 threads and they are already busy talking to eDirectory
as fast as they can

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html