PAM_RADIUS_AUTH

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Tue Oct 30 16:37:00 CET 2007

On 10/30/07, Sobanbabu Bakthavathsalu <Sobanbabu_B at infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying install the PAM_RADIUS_AUTH on a Solaris 10 server to use RADIUS for user authentication.
> I have managed to successfully compile and install the pam plugin.
> When I tried to telnet to the machine from a different server I am getting the following error.
>
> Failed looking up IP address for RADIUS server radius1 (errcode=12)
>
> I have made a host entry for this server name in /etc/hosts file and able to ping the RADIUS server with name.
> But still its not working.
>
> Could you please help on resolving this.

Lots of times this is a firewall issue where the port opening is set
for tcp and not UDP.  check that.  Check that both are using port
1812, if that is what you are using.  Have you edited your telnet pam
entry?  I'm not familiar with solaris, but that is what I would check.

More info would be helpful too.

HTH,

Nick

Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.
404.962.8983
http://www.wikidsystems.com
Commercial/Open Source Two-Factor Authentication