set up freeradius to use /etc/passwd and separate authorization account

Vinh T. Nguyen nguyenvinht81 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 18:21:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

I would like to set up around 100 user profiles. Each user profile has its own Cisco permit statement to allow the user to access specific hosts. The authentication method will be checked against /etc/passwd file. Could someone please show me how to accomplish this. How to force users to check against system /etc/passwd and how to create each separate profile to return to NAS? Thanks in advance for your reply. I am currently using freeradius1.1.7 on Linux Enterprise.

Regards,
Vinh