Freeradius doesn't detect EAP when authenticating against MySQL

Andrew Rowson freeradius at growse.com
Fri Sep 14 23:05:47 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> Andrew Rowson wrote:
>> The database contains Cleartext-Password == password. I've tried it with
>> :=, but if I remember correctly that fails as well,
>
>   Use := for Cleartext-Password.

My radcheck table is now looking like this:

+----+------------+--------------------+----+-----------+
| id | UserName   | Attribute          | op | Value     |
+----+------------+--------------------+----+-----------+
|  1 | growse     | Cleartext-Password | := | password1 |

>> with the Auth-type
>> being set to local again. I'll see if I can get a log of that failure as
>> well, if it'd be helpful?
>
>   No.
>
>   Upgrade to 1.1.7, I think it solves this problem.

Ok, I've upgraded to 1.1.7, and I get the auth-type local issue again.
The log is up at the same place as before,
http://public.growse.com/radiusd.log

I'm at a bit of a loss. I can't be the only person who wants to put user
credentials for a PEAP setup into a mysql db?

Thanks,

Andrew