Freeradius doesn't detect EAP when authenticating against MySQL

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sat Sep 15 19:53:26 CEST 2007

> Ok, I've upgraded to 1.1.7, and I get the auth-type local issue again.
> The log is up at the same place as before,
> http://public.growse.com/radiusd.log
>
> I'm at a bit of a loss. I can't be the only person who wants to put user
> credentials for a PEAP setup into a mysql db?

modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 0
    users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 155
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns updated) for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type Local
auth: type Local
auth: No User-Password or CHAP-Password attribute in the request]

Remove whatever is on line 155 of the "users" file; it is setting
Auth-Type (almost always a bad idea) to "Local" so FreeRadius thinks it
should check the password; which it shouldn't, since this is an EAP
conversation.