EAP and realm question.

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 10:22:34 CEST 2007

Hi,

> I have two questions regarding EAP an REALM, realm first.
>
> In every request i get:
>     rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "00-17-f2-ea-b1-3e", looking up
> realm NULL
>     rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
>
> I wonder what that mean if/how to turn that off? Or should i even care?

dont worry! it simply means that it saw nothing in that User-Name that
would make it think there was a realm involved - eg no @ or % or \\ or
whatever else you might have defined as a realm seperator. as it
saw no realm, then the rlm_realm module does nothing - and reports
that you havent defined what to do with a NULL realm (which is handled
locally by default)

as for EAP - the AP isnt sending EAP packets from client to the server

as for certs - you need the right type.

alan