Acct-Input-Gigawords in Exec-Program env

Rob Hartzenberg rob at strange.za.net
Wed Sep 26 13:24:47 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I'm having trouble identifying the Acct-Input-Gigawords field in the
shell environment of Exec-Program.
Does anyone know how to ensure that it is being exported?

I have a shell script (test-exec.sh) which according to examples in docs
goes like so:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/printenv > /tmp/env.txt

Then in my acct_users, again by example:

DEFAULT Acct-Status-Type == Stop
    Exec-Program = "/opt/bin/test-exec.sh"

This correctly prints out all the env variables to the file as expected.
The problem is however that with ADSL traffic regularly exceeding the
Gigawords boundaries of Acct-Input-Octets, we rely on the
Acct-Input-Gigawords for the overflow. This is unfortunately not showing
up in the list of env variables.

Anyway to resolve this?

Thanks
-Rob