Acct-Input-Gigawords in Exec-Program env

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Sep 26 14:11:34 CEST 2007

Rob Hartzenberg wrote:
> I'm having trouble identifying the Acct-Input-Gigawords field in the
> shell environment of Exec-Program.
> Does anyone know how to ensure that it is being exported?

  Read the output of debugging mode.  If it's in the packet, it will be
exported to any shell program.  See doc/variables.txt for documentation
on how this happens.

> This correctly prints out all the env variables to the file as expected.
> The problem is however that with ADSL traffic regularly exceeding the
> Gigawords boundaries of Acct-Input-Octets, we rely on the
> Acct-Input-Gigawords for the overflow. This is unfortunately not showing
> up in the list of env variables.
>
> Anyway to resolve this?

  Make the NAS send the attribute.

  If the NAS isn't sending the attribute, how do you expect the server
to log it?  What value do you expect the server to use?  Does it invent
the attribute out of thin air?