Strange CHAP/PAP issue (Version 1.1.6)[sic!]

Wojciech Ziniewicz wojtek at cebit.com.pl
Wed Sep 26 14:51:56 CEST 2007

Dnia Śr Września 26 2007, 11:57 am, Alan DeKok napisał(a):
>   Try also with "ntradping", or another non-FreeRADIUS client.  If CHAP
> works for those clients, then the CHAP code in PPPoE is broken.
>
>   Alan DeKok.

Alan, probably you were right.
Testing CHAP auth locally with ntradping (runs easily over wine )
succeeded ;/ .

Here's what i have from my radiusd -X debug :

rlm_sql (sql): Released sql socket id: 2
  modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns ok for request 2
modcall: leaving group authorize (returns ok) for request 2
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type CHAP
auth: type "CHAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group CHAP for request 2
  rlm_chap: login attempt by "TEST" with CHAP password
  rlm_chap: Using clear text password "TEST987" for user TEST authentication.
  rlm_chap: chap user TEST authenticated succesfully
  modcall[authenticate]: module "chap" returns ok for request 2
modcall: leaving group CHAP (returns ok) for request 2
Login OK: [TEST/<CHAP-Password>] (from client localhost port 0)
Sending Access-Accept of id 21 to 127.0.0.1 port 1854
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
        Framed-MTU = 1400
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0
        Framed-IP-Address = 10.100.2.156
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Password == "TEST987"
Finished request 2

Thank You very much. If i find out what is broken in pppoe server i will
notify You. Thank You one more time.

regards
WZ

--