merging accounting records from two databases

Stella snpower at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Sep 26 15:55:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

We're setting up two radius servers and configuring them so the accounting
records are inserted into a mysql database.  For redundancy, we're having two
radius servers and two database servers.  Both radius servers will attempt to
write the records to the primary database, if that fails, the secondary
database will be used.  However, I only see one place in the radius sql.conf
file to set the database connection settings.  Is there anyway to set the
connection settings for a secondary database, or is there no failover?  If
not, what do people suggest we use?  A load balancer or some such?

Another problem with this setup is that there may be records in the secondary
database which I need to add to the primary database.  The main issue I have
is when the start record of a session is in one database and the stop record
is in the other.  I need to match these two records up, so I have all the
records in both databases.  Is there any application out there that will do
this or do I need to write my own?  Surely someone else has encountered the
same issue?

So can anyone advise on the above or point me at some documentation that
explains how to do this?  All help much appreciated!

Cheers,
Stella