merging accounting records from two databases

Andy Billington billington.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 16:06:42 CEST 2007

Given my levels of FreeRADIUS knowledge vs MySQL, I would go with a
database-level approach :-)

What version of MySQL are you using - you could maybe cluster the databases?

Alternatively have RADIUS write to one database and use MySQL Proxy to
handle the two databases if you dont want to cluster (ie use
replication primary --> secondary, put proxy in the data flow and tell
it to write to secondary if primary unavail, then when primary fixed,
reverse the roles so what was the seconday becomes the primary,
replicates data, and then you can either flip them back (if e.g. the
original primary is heavier hardware) or not ..

Andy