Signal -HUP

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Apr 2 20:15:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

> How can I check for syntax errors on configuration files without
> starting FreeRADIUS? There exists something like ISC DHCPD "-T" option?

with FreeRADIUS 2.0.2 ....

[root at nasa.gov ~]$ radiusd -h
Usage: radiusd [-d db_dir] [-l log_dir] [-i address] [-n name] [-fsvXx]

  -C              Check configuration and exit.
  -d raddb_dir    Configuration files are in "raddbdir/*".
  -f              Run as a foreground process, not a daemon.
  -h              Print this help message.
  -i ipaddr       Listen on ipaddr ONLY
  -n name         Read raddb/name.conf instead of raddb/radiusd.conf
  -p port         Listen on port ONLY
  -s              Do not spawn child processes to handle requests.
  -v              Print server version information.
  -X              Turn on full debugging.
  -x              Turn on additional debugging. (-xx gives more debugging).

so, -C is the option you want.  sure. could've been -T like some other
software. but why copy when you can innovate? :-)

alan