FR 2.0.3 gives duplicate NULL realm error

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 16:51:01 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have been running FR 2.0.2 (built from source) for a short while with
no problems. I have now upgraded to 2.0.3 (built from Fedora 9 source
RPM). When I try and start radiusd (using 'radiusd -X' I get the
following error:

    realm NULL {
   /etc/raddb/proxy.conf[107]: Duplicate realm "NULL"
    } # realm NULL

I have thoroughly checked the files, and there is no duplicate of the
NULL realm. The end part of proxy.conf contains the NULL realm, and it
is configured as:

     home_server_pool local_proxies {
        type = fail-over
        home_server = IAS-1
        home_server = IAS-2
        home_server = ILS009
     }

[other home server pools and realms defined]

     realm NULL {
           auth_pool = local_proxies
     }

I'm not sure why the 'radiusd -X' output gives as the very last line
'} # realm NULL'. As can be seen in proxy.conf, the very last line has
no comment attached to it.

Anyone any ideas about why radiusd is complaining about a duplicate NULL
realm?

Thanks,

John.