can't make a rpm from radius sources

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Sat Apr 12 18:37:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I have downloaded freeradius-server-2.0.0.tar.gz and after intalling it, I
> made some code modifications to meet my expectations.
> Than I compiled again from the "src" directory using make && make install;
> after this, freeradius worked fine, as I intended;
> Now I would like to make a rpm from this modified version that I have.
> Could someone please tell me what steps should I follow in order to achieve
> this, a rpm from the modified sources.
> I would also like to preserve the modified configurations from the
> following files: eap.conf and users; and also two dictionaries that I
> manually added to the share/freeradius directory.

you will need to ensure that you create a .tar.gz file that contains
all of your files as changed.  ie

untar a native freeradius-server-2.0.0.tar.gz

then into that directory, copy all of the files you've edited
and plyed with.  then ensure that if dictionaries are named in the
Makefile for install - then add yours to those little files too.

then take the required spec file and on a 3rd party system, copy that tar file
into the SOURCES location and run rpmbuild on the spec file.

if you have problems, then get the latest spec file from CVS version
of freeradius - or check the archives of this mailing list and grab
the working copy i posted about a week ago.

et voila. your own custom RPM version.   now just update it all to
work with 2.0.3 will you please?  :-)

alan