radiusd not starting

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Tue Apr 15 09:23:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

we updated yesterday one of our server running Novell SLES 9.
After the update the "raidusd" (not the sles version, self compiled)
did not work correctly (the load was getting higher and higher).

Therefore I installed the current version of the
freeradius-server (2.0.3) from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/aaa/

After fixing a few things in the /etd/raddb/users
the server is running fine, when I do a
    radiusd -X
also
     radius -f
seem's to work.

But neither a
radiusd
not
/etc/init.d/freeradius start
is launching the radiusd-Daemon. But I can not see
WHY the raidusd is not starting as daemon.

Any idea ?

--
Bye,
     Peer