rlm_ldap Auth-Type

Christian Goebel christian.goebel at cte.lu
Thu Apr 17 16:45:54 CEST 2008

Hi,
I have configured a FR 2.0.3 with eap-ttls with an authorize section in the
inner-tunnel with the a ldap redundant-load-balance.

In the ldap section the  set_auth_type = yes is set but it only works if I
put:

 update control {
                 Auth-Type := LDAP
         }

after the ldap in the inner-tunnel config, otherwise I will get an error:
-------------
rlm_ldap: user ****** authorized to use remote access
rlm_ldap: ldap_release_conn: Release Id: 0
+++[ldap1] returns ok
++- redundant-load-balance group redundant-load-balance returns ok
++[expiration] returns noop
++[logintime] returns noop
  WARNING: You set Proxy-To-Realm = LOCAL, but it is a LOCAL realm!
Cancelling invalid proxy request.
auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the request:
Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Login incorrect:
-------------

Is this behaviour correct? Is that not the job of the rlm_ldap to set the
Auth-Type if the set_auth_type is set?

Or did I do this completely wrong?

Thx,

Christian