Timeouts

Ben Wiechman ben at wisper-wireless.com
Fri Apr 18 17:17:47 CEST 2008

What are some techniques you all use to try and track down auth timeouts?

Is it normal to see some small percentage of auth timeouts on a typical NAS,
even if the radius server isn't all that heavily loaded? I am seeing around
2% timeout on my secondary server that is running radius only. This is
strange to me however as my primary server has nearly no timeouts with the
same config, same hardware, same OS, same network path.

Any tips on tracking down where the issue might be?

Ben Wiechman